I have suffered back pain, is there a way I can reduce the pain?
You can follow the 10 Tips For Back Care:
- Try to alternate between standing and sitting.
- Place a support in the small of your back when driving or sitting at a desk.
- Exercise by walking or swimming regularly.
- Try to lose weight to reduce the load on your spine and back muscles.
- Stretch regularly to reduce stiffness and increase mobility.
- Watch your posture; try not to slouch or slump.
- Be careful when lifting; make sure the load is not too heavy or too large.
- Try frequent gentle stretches to reduce the strain on your back.
- Keep moving, even if you have an episode of back pain.
- Consider whether you bed is providing the support you need at night.
Disclaimer: The information is for informative purposes and not to replace proper treatment. For more information or to book an appointment please contact Sydney Physios and Allied Health Services